Kingsford Middle School Home Page
Week of May 23
Mission Statement:The mission of Breitung Township Schools, in cooperation with families and our community, is to provide a quality educational experience to assist all students in developing the knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary to become successful citizens.
BTS Belief Statement
- All students can learn.
- All students have the right to a meaningful educational experience.
- Each student has dignity and worth.
- Achievement is a result of high expectations with realistic goals.
- The entire community shares the responsibility of educating its citizens.
School Improvement Goals
- All students will demonstrate improvement in Reading skills.
- All students will demonstrate improvement in Mathematics skills.
- All students will demonstrate improvement in Science skills.
- All students will demonstrate improvement in Social Studies skills.
Attention Kingsford Middle School
Parents and Students:
2015-16 KMS School Supply List
After School Tutoring at KMS
Beginning Tuesday, November 17, K.M.S. eighth grade student volunteers will be available in the K.M.S. media center for after-school tutoring. Tutoring will be available Monday through Thursday each week from 3:05 P.M. - 3:45 P.M. All students in grades six, seven and eight are welcome to attend.
8th Grade Students of the Month
KMS faculty and staff would like to congratulate Maddy Holmes and Kyle Benjamin (April) and Mackenzie Rundell and Dan Hellman (May) for being selected as the April and May 8th Grade Students of the Month. Students are selected by the 8th grade faculty.
April Students of the Month
Maddy Holmes and Kyle Benjamin
May Students of the Month
Mackenzie Rundell and Dan Hellman
Knights of Columbus Hoop Shoot Competition
Kingsford Middle School would like to congratulate those students who won the local Knights of Columbus Hoop Shoot Competition, advancing to the district competition.
From left to right: Abby Terrian, Emmett Kowalski, Adam Klahn, Olivia Olkkonen, Trent Nordstrom, Kalyn Myllyla, Carter Fraker and Talia Wallis.
KMS Media Center Receives Grant
The Meemic Foundation recently awarded a $500.00 Literacy Grant to the Kingsford Middle School media center. With these funds the library will purchase new books that the middle school students are anxious to read including additions to the current series collections in the library.
Patti Milinski, KMS library and Lenore Nelson, Meemic Foundation Representative
2016 Science Olympiad
Juniors at The Kingsford Middle School Science Olympiad Team recently competed in the Region 1 competition which was held at the Seaborg Center on the campus of Northern Michigan University on February 20th. Click an image below to view the picture gallery!
2016 Spelling Bee Winners
- Mackenzie Taylor (1st Place), Taylor Demay (2nd Place)
- Samantha Doran (1st Place), Aliyah Garvaglia (2nd Place)
- Jack Perpich (1st Place), Derrick Sirovy (2nd Place)
- Emily Blazier (1st Place), Mackenzie Rundell (2nd Place)
- 7th Grade Daily News Students of the Week: Lydia Wilson, Macy Edwards, Emma Allen, Josie Scott and Allyse Phillips
- 8th Grade Daily News Students of the Week: (Front row l to r): Cheyenne Moyer, Anna Murvich and Valerie Richtig (Back row l to r): Chris Hallenbeck, Leah Hunter and Monique Hernandez
2015-16 Community Grants
KMS would like to recognize the following K.M.S. teachers/support staff applied for and received grants from the following organizations:
- Mrs. Tina Francis received a $75 grant from Walmart and will purchase supplies for use in Life Skills.
- Mr. Jim Myllyla received a $350 grant from Buckmasters. The grant money was used to re-string, reserve and tune up all bows used in the seventh grade archery unit.
- Mrs. Tamara Nash received a $100 grant from the Michigan Association of Retired School Personnel (MARSP). She will purchase gift cards from local businesses as quarterly prizes for those qualifying for the True Blue Rewards Club.
- Mrs. Jaclynn Kreider received a $250 grant from the Dickinson Area Community Foundation. She will use the money to purchase an interactive document camera to integrate STEM learning in her classroom.
- Mrs. Patti Milinski received a $100 grant from the MEEMIC Foundation to purchase new books for the K.M.S. media center.
The KMS Experience
Additional exploratory classes are being developed for the 2015-2016 school year.
Student of the Week
Congratulations go out to 7th grader Hunter Bilgreen
for being named Student of the Week for the week
of May 9.