Kingsford Middle School Home Page
Week of December 9
Mission Statement:The mission of Breitung Township Schools, in cooperation with families and our community, is to provide a quality educational experience to assist all students in developing the knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary to become successful citizens.
BTS Belief Statement
- All students can learn.
- All students have the right to a meaningful educational experience.
- Each student has dignity and worth.
- Achievement is a result of high expectations with realistic goals.
- The entire community shares the responsibility of educating its citizens.
School Improvement Goals
- All students will demonstrate improvement in Reading skills.
- All students will demonstrate improvement in Mathematics skills.
- All students will demonstrate improvement in Science skills.
- All students will demonstrate improvement in Social Studies skills.
Liaison Officer Visits KMS
School liaison officer Tim Olsen visited the KMS 8th grade classrooms to discuss rules, laws, personal safety, harassment and bullying. Officer Tim Olsen and officer Brandon Rutter coordinate the school liaison officer program with Breitung Township Schools and Kingsford Public Safety. They will visit all Prime Time classrooms and complete a large group presentation during this school year.
Girls Basketball Champions
Congratulations go out to the Kingsford Girls Middle School Basketball teams on their fine seasons this fall. The two girls’ 8th grade teams faced off in the finals this year with the Kingsford Gold team outlasting the Kingsford Blue team 31-27 for the grade "A" division title. The 7th grade girls’ team defeated West Iron County with a 26-25 score in a very close game for the grade "A" division title.
We are proud of all our girls for their great performances and representing the Kingsford Middle School.
8th Grade Gold
8th Grade Blue
Student of the Week
Congratulations go out to 8th grader Madison Waise for
being named Student of the Week for the week of