Kingsford Middle School Home Page
Week of April 21
Mission Statement:The mission of Breitung Township Schools, in cooperation with families and our community, is to provide a quality educational experience to assist all students in developing the knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary to become successful citizens.
BTS Belief Statement
- All students can learn.
- All students have the right to a meaningful educational experience.
- Each student has dignity and worth.
- Achievement is a result of high expectations with realistic goals.
- The entire community shares the responsibility of educating its citizens.
School Improvement Goals
- All students will demonstrate improvement in Reading skills.
- All students will demonstrate improvement in Mathematics skills.
- All students will demonstrate improvement in Science skills.
- All students will demonstrate improvement in Social Studies skills.
Kingsford Middle School would like to thank the Parent Partner Group for their $400.00 donation to the Middle School art department. This small gift was used to purchase art supplies.
Some 8th graders posing with new art supplies.
2014 Spelling Bee
Kingsford Middle School would like to congratulate all of the Spelling Bee winners and runners-up that advanced to the Regional Spelling Bee.
This year's Regional Bee will be held on February 20 at 5:00 p.m. in the following locations:
- 5th & 6th Grade: Iron Mountain Auditorium
- 7th & 8th Grade: Kingsford Middle School library
- Isabella Clarke (1st place) and Christy Glodowski (runner-up)
- Cheyenne Moyer (1st place) and Kaya Perron (runner-up)
- Molly Schultheis (1st place) and Ethan Wilcox (runner-up)
- Dominic Ochietti (1st place) and Joe Sturm (runner-up)
Middle School Can-a-thon
The Kingsford Middle School student council would like to thank all of those students who participated in the 2013 Can-a-thon by donating food products. Pictured below are student council members with this year's donations.
UP Quiz Bowl Champions
Kingsford Middle School would like to congratulate our 2013 Quizbowl teams for their outstanding performances at the 30th Annual Upper Peninsula Junior High Quiz Tournament. The tournament was held at Bark River on Saturday, December 7. KMS was able to enter 3 teams this year and as a whole they did very well. The individual team records were as follows:
- Team 1: 7 - 0 (Champions)
- Team 2: 4 - 1
- Team 3: 1 - 4
Team 1 was crowned as the 2013 champions with a very convincing performance. Team 2 barely missed making it to the semi-finals. Congratulations teams and we are all very proud of you!
Joe Kennedy, Ian Driscoll, Jon Sturm, Dominic Occhietti, and Joe Sturm (captain)
Liaison Officer Visits KMS
School liaison officer Tim Olsen visited the KMS 8th grade classrooms to discuss rules, laws, personal safety, harassment and bullying. Officer Tim Olsen and officer Brandon Rutter coordinate the school liaison officer program with Breitung Township Schools and Kingsford Public Safety. They will visit all Prime Time classrooms and complete a large group presentation during this school year.
Student of the Week
Congratulations go out to 8th grader Matt Swanson
for being named Student of the Week for the week
of April 14.